Tuesday, December 8, 2009

****THE ORIGINAL SPACE INVADER****







So for all you aspiring djs out there take notes ....... The gentleman in the picture is George Hatiras 2 time Canadian Juno winner . I could go on and on about George and how he is one of the worlds most booked and respected djs and what i think is one of the best mixers in the bizzzzz along side Fabian Strong, but today im gonna stick to the basics.




Three years ago I was spinning at wemf (world electronic music festivel)with my buddy Conrad Rogers and we got back stage passes to the main room . We booth we like little kids in a candy shop when we found out , my buddy Dawsun (phakt clothing) was chilling by the back door talking to 3 people . Dawsun yells out to me "hey Ang come here i want to introduce you to my buddy" I run over and it's George Hatirus with Al P and JFK other wise known as MSTRKRFT. Holy shit I had so much to say in so little time, as I was about to introduce myself George already knew who i was , hey Angelo how ya doing you have a killer P.R agent , I was thinking in my head what does he mean but then George explained to me that Dawsun was telling him how sick of a dj i was.






George told me that he wanted me to send him a mix because he wanted to check me out. I told George shure i will have it for him the following week but forgot to send it to him (sorry about that George if your still interested let me know lol).After that introduction me and George got to talking about the bizz and how he started out by throwing parties with liquid adrenline and how his parties were such a big sucess with 10000 people filling crazy venues like airplane hangers and old warehouses .I asked him whats the most important thing for a dj to do in my situation to do ,he said " Angelo the most important thing for a up and coming dj is to go out and network with people ,give out cds, if you have nothing to do on a Friday night head down to Toronto and meet with promoters so they can put a name with your face. Alot of people these days make a mix and put it on the internet expecting people to download it but really Ang get out there meet people and promote yourself like a company because in all actuality you are your own company, oh ya forgot he also told me to produce,produce and produce some more. I thanked George for the info and took it all in.








I KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING WHAT'S THE POINT OF THE STORY ANG?








The point of the story is that this is why George Hatiras is one of the coolest mother fuckers in the biz . He is a really down to earth individual who treats every person he meets with respect and doesn't mind to share some secrets of the trade.
























CHECK OUT HIS WEB PAGE BELOW AND CHECK HIM OUT ON BEATPORT














OH YA AS FOR MSTRKRFT THEY ENDED UP RIPPING UP THE WEMF STAGE AMAZING SHOW








MORE INFO ON HATIRAS BELOW














Hatiras is one of the planet's top electronic music DJs & producers. He produces loads of mindbending and ass shaking music (over 100 releases that are consistently top 10 hits). He's won 2 Juno Awards, a Socan Award for most radio play in Canada and multiple nominations. He owns and operates 2 record labels (Hatrax and Blow Media).

He started as a rave promoter in the '90s. He created and operated one of North America's largest event organizations called Liquid Adrenaline. Events averaged 5.000 and peaked at 10,000 in attendance.

As a DJ, Hatiras has performed around the world in venues across Canada, USA, Japan, Colombia, Australia, Poland, Germany, Belgium, UK, Serbia and more. He's remixed music for Kylie Minogue, Loleatta Holloway, Junior Jack, Carole Pope and many more His remixes and productions have been released on labels like Blow Media, Hatrax, Defected, Ministry of Sound, Universal, Sony, etc.Everyone from The Chemical Brothers to Pete Tong to Roger Sanchez, Bad Boy Bill, DJ Dan, Danny Tenaglia and in between, plays Hatiras music.

He also hosts a weekly radio show called 'Hatiras Presents' that broadcasts on over a dozen stations worldwide and surpasses 100,000 listeners per show.

Download all kinds of crazy Hatiras music from iTunes, Beatport and most other download shops



General inquiries:
info@hatiras.com

Artist related inquiries (bookings / tours / remixes / production):
melanie@hatiras.com

Licensing / music synchronization inquiries:
publishing@premiermuzik.com

Demo & promo submissions:
info@hatiras.com
Don't send mp3s. Links only. We don't guarantee a reply but will do our best to provide feedback.

MAILING ADDRESSHatrax Records Inc.
9 Emmeline Cres. Toronto, Ontario
Canada M1S 1L1








No comments:

Post a Comment